Seeking an experienced full-time Accounting Specialist to join our team!
Located in North Syracuse, Gaylord Archival is a leading provider of preservation and exhibit products to institutions and individuals across the globe. We offer an excellent benefits package of group medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, retirement savings (401k & Roth), tuition assistance, and generous paid time off! Employee celebrations throughout the year; summer picnic, Halloween costume contest, potlucks, and more!
Note: This is an on-site position in a sanitized office space allowing for proper social distancing, with additional COVID safety protocols.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accounts Payable: Process all supplier invoices and employee expense reports. Verify compliance with internal and external authority approval levels. Resolve shipping and pricing issues with suppliers. Process weekly AP disbursements while maximizing supplier discounts.
- Accounts Receivable: Process all incoming cash receipts consisting of checks, bank wires, ACH and credit card payments. Apply and reconcile daily cash deposits in Oracle and associated financial reports. Assist customers with accounts receivable issues.
- General Accounting: Support month and year end financial close process, annual financial audit, and other general accounting activities. Coordinate payroll processing with ADP and third-party provider. Assemble and validate monthly sales tax reports for registered states. Update periodic standard cost changes and provide analytical support for annual product costing process.
Minimum 5 years related experience. Manufacturing environment preferred.
- Minimum Associates Degree in accounting or related field
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Experienced with Accounting Software Applications - Oracle ERP (Preferred)
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
How to Apply:
For consideration, please email resume to HR@gaylord.com.